Managing Your Money
If you want to learn to manage your money, you have to figure out what it is you want to learn! Creating a budget is a great idea. But there’s more than one way to learn about money. You can:
- Talk to your family members about how they manage their money
- Talk to a banker about savings and checking accounts and how they work
- Talk to someone you trust that you think does a good job with their money
- Ask your teacher, Youthhood Guide, parents, a friend, or someone you trust to help you develop a budget and help you practice using it
- Do some exploration on the Internet for resources and helpful hints
Learning about managing money takes lots of practice! Good thing you’re thinking about it now. You can try our activities too.
Try a Youthhood activity:
Browse a Web site:
- Teens and Money (BalanceTrack) A resource to help teens understand how to manage their money.