How We Ensure Your Privacy
The Youthhood Web site is housed at the University of Minnesota where strict
measures are taken to ensure the privacy of information submitted by any user
of the Web site. The following security measures are used to ensure the privacy
of your information and the information submitted by your students:
- We require each person has their own e-mail address to confirm their registration. Although this may be cumbersome for you, it's an essential means of ensuring each individual's privacy.
- We require a secure password
to register. Anyone registering on the site is required to use a secure password, based on our strict criteria (at least 6 characters, using numbers and letters, case-sensitive, no spaces).
- We do not share the information you submit. The information
collected through the registration process, as well as through any of the
activities on the Youthhood Web site, will not be shared with anyone nor
used for any purpose other than specifically stated on any given page.
- We encrypt all data you submit. Any page that requests
information from you — the registration page, the login page, and any
activity pages — is securing the information that you submit over the
Internet. Data encryption can be verified by the appearance of a lock on
your Web browser.
- Our Web server is securely configured. All records submitted
by youth and adults are located on our secure Web server that is configured
according to UMN security guidelines and standards, and maintained by the
Office of Information Technology.
How You Can Help
Please read and review Ways to Ensure Your Privacy with your youth to help ensure that their information remains private.
For additional privacy information, visit the University of Minnesota Online
Try a Youthhood activity: