What's the first thing you think about when you hear the words "making friends?" Do any of these describe how you feel?
- It's fun
- It's scary
- It makes me feel great
- It makes me feel stupid
- I'm not always sure what I think
- I'm worried about what others think of me
- It's the best thing in the world to find someone you like who likes you too
- I don't really care
Making friends means figuring out who you want to hang out with and why. Making friends means thinking about who you:
- want to spend your free time with
- want to confide in
- trust and can count on for support when you need it
You also have to think about what makes someone a good friend. What qualities do you admire in your friends? So who do you want to hang out with and why? How can you make and keep some really good friends?
Try a Youthhood activity: