Viewing & Commenting on Entries
Youthhood Guides currently have the ability to both view and comment on their group members' entries in the Life Map and Class Notebook areas of the site. Although you cannot currently view or comment on their work in the Activities Folder, we plan to allow for this some time soon. The Private Journal is a private area of the site for youth to explore thoughts and feelings. This area will remain confidential.
Before you can view and comment on entries:
- You and your youth must be registered with the site,
- You must create a group,
- Your youth must have joined your group, and
- Your youth must have created a Life Map or Class Notebook entry with the "Ready for my Guide to see" checkbox selected.
See Registration for assistance.
Viewing and Commenting on Entries
To view and comment on a Life Map or Class Notebook:
- Log in to The Youthhood site.
- Select Life Map or Class Notebook in the Guide's Youthhood menu. If you have more than one group, you will then need to select the group for which you wish to view entries.
- Select the entry you wish to view and comment on.
- Type your comments in the box at the bottom of the entry. The person who wrote the entry will be able to view your comments when next they open this entry.
- Select the "Needs Attention" box if you wish the youth to make changes based on your comments. They will see a notice in their listing of entries that says Needs Attention in red.
- Select "Save Comment" to submit your comments.
You can also view any previous comments you've made on this person's specific entry. There are currently no limits set as to how many times you may comment on their work.
Note: Your youth cannot write comments back to you. They can only make changes to their entry.